The very basic formula of any marketing is:
Defining Prospects + Contact Details + Campaign = Marketing
The act of automating these steps with the help of technology and software turns it into Marketing Automation.
Thus, when with the help of a business software some or many steps of marketing are handled automatically by a software or application, that’s called marketing automation.
Beginning of Marketing Automation
So, at the beginning, when computer and internet were new and weren’t matured as much as they are today, the marketing companies used to compile a long list of prospective clients and then send them the same mail one by one. Then someone invented a function by which people were able to enlist all email IDs in one email and send a bulk email.
We can call that the first Marketing Automation attempt as the system had automated one part of the marketing campaign. Now there was no need to send each individual one by one. It was now done with a single click. Though, you had to create a database of all the email IDs first, but the repetitive process of composing the same email for every individual was discarded.
Though, such email with readymade templates will have a very low conversion rate. Yet, it reflects the reach and advancements in the marketing automation segment. You are only required to tell the software what you want to do and then, everything is done automatically.
Marketing Automation: Intelligence Gathering
Marketing Automation software has gone advanced and thus they have also made the every steps of marketing advanced. The aforementioned simple formula of marketing has become complex, much more focused, centralized and aligned for the maximum ROI. Nowadays, only gathering lists of email IDs isn’t enough. For maximum efficiency you have more software and techniques to discard the people and steps which have less possibility to turn into conversion. You can target only those people who have higher likability of turning into a customer.
How to know if you require a marketing automation software?
The criteria is simple. If you rely on email marketing, social media marketing and other traceable online marketing techniques, then here are the situations to use a marketing automation software:
- If you are repetitively sending thousands and thousands of emails to your prospect on daily/weekly/monthly basis
- You require a detailed review of your marketing campaign
- Using a software reduces cost/time/efforts spent on the task greatly
Benefits of marketing automation are:
- It accelerates the whole campaign tremendously
- Marketing Intelligence helps you to target only prospects with higher conversion possibility
- Your employees get great support to track down and assist the most interested prospect. Thus, it goes to the last mile to ensure one more deal is closed.
- The detailed analytics and statistics help you to get better and better with your every campaign